The scientific work carried out by the Teaching, Research and Development department supports the clinic’s departments and thus helps improve patient care. Our research work is continuously providing new insights into the treatment of orthopaedic patients and reinforcing Schulthess Klinik’s international reputation as a centre of excellence.
Schulthess Klinik was established in 1883 and became a non-profit foundation – the Wilhelm Schulthess Foundation – in 1935. Since then, it has remained a non-profit organisation. The Board of Trustees is made up of 17 people from a variety of industries.
On 30.01.2020, Dr. med. Daniel Herren, Head of Hand Surgery, implanted the 300th CapFlex prosthesis into a patient here at our clinic. The artificial finger joint was developed at the Schulthess Klinik and has been used over 1000 times worldwide.